ORI typically treats patients who are suffering from recent back, neck and/or extremity injuries of all types, and chronic bone and joint conditions.
Orthopaedic Rehabilitation Institute, Kawarthas (ORIK) is a multidisciplinary musculoskeletal clinic treating patients with any type of musculoskeletal injuries, acute and chronic soft tissue or bone/joint conditions.
Our physicians include local Orthopaedic Surgeons in the Kawarthas, sports medicine specialists, as well as academic University of Toronto orthopaedic surgeons.
YOUR FIRST VISIT
What to Expect
Learn more about what to expect during your first visit to ORI and and how to prepare for your session.
What to wear
Bring loose, comfortable clothing and make sure that the injured area is easily accessible.
- If your injury is on the collarbone, shoulder, or arm bring a t-shirt or tank top.
- If your injury lies below the waist bring a pair of shorts.
- You will be asked to describe how your injury occurred, your main areas of complaint and other details to better understand your current position.
What to bring with you
- ID, Health Card
- X-ray, MRI, CAT scan or any diagnostic imaging you have
- Funding information (WSIB, EHC, MVA), if appicable