Orthopaedic Rehabilitation Institute (ORI) is a multidisciplinary outpatient facility that aims to streamline both primary and private healthcare services.
O ur vision is to execute high quality evidence-based practices and provide equal opportunities for all patients with musculoskeletal injuries, complex trauma and TBI.
ORI is pleased to offer WSIB, EHC, MVA and Privately funded assessments and treatments in the following areas:
- Complex Trauma
- Pre-Operative Physical Therapy Assessment
- Post-Operative Physical Therapy
- Concussion Management
- Multidisciplinary Rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation Devices
About the Clinic
The vision of our Multidisciplinary Rehabilitation Clinic is to execute high-quality, evidence-based practices and provide equal opportunities for all patients with, TBI, musculoskeletal injuries, and complex trauma.Learn More
Are you looking to make a referral?
Pre-Operative Physical Therapy Assessment
Prior to your scheduled date for surgery, your surgeon may refer you to see a physiotherapist. During the initial assessment, your physiotherapist will help you understand their role in your recovery process before and after surgery, and perform various assessments to comprehensively illustrate your injury.
The main outcome of physiotherapy services prior to surgery is to limit the impact of your injury on surrounding structures and strengthen muscles that will assist in your recovery:
- Educate and teach patients on the correct use and positioning of assistive devices (i.e. sling positioning, use of crutches, walker height etc.)
- Prescribe exercises to optimize mobility and musculoskeletal health around the injured area to reduce joint stiffness
- Prescribe exercises to maintain or enhance muscle strength surrounding the injury
Post-Operative Physical Therapy
Although rest is important after your surgery, reintroducing mobility into the injured area is equally as important. As academic sub-specialists, we have developed state of the art, rehabilitation protocols based on the most up-to-date research available for optimal rehabilitative outcomes.