Orthopaedic Rehabilitation Institute (ORI) is a multidisciplinary outpatient facility that aims to streamline both primary and private healthcare services.
O ur vision is to execute high quality evidence-based practices and provide equal opportunities for all patients with musculoskeletal injuries, complex trauma and TBI.
ORI is pleased to offer WSIB, EHC, MVA and Privately funded assessments and treatments in the following areas:
- Complex Trauma
- Pre-Operative Physical Therapy Assessment
- Post-Operative Physical Therapy
- Concussion Management
- Multidisciplinary Rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation Devices
About the Clinic
The vision of our Multidisciplinary Rehabilitation Clinic is to execute high-quality, evidence-based practices and provide equal opportunities for all patients with, TBI, musculoskeletal injuries, and complex trauma.Learn More
Are you looking to make a referral?
A concussion is a mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI) caused by a blow or jolt to the head that violently whips the brain back and forth. This aggressive movement can cause chemical changes, brain bruising, and injury to the nerves, which disrupts a variety of brain functions.
There are four categories of symptoms:
- Somatic - visual and balance difficulties, dizziness, headaches, light sensitivity
- Emotional - depression, nervousness, irritability
- Cognitive - attention and memory problems, feels of fogginess, delay in thinking
- Sleep Disturbances